The MAC (ASX:MSL), based in Sydney, Australia, was founded by Kevin Maloney in 1996
- Provides accommodation services to the coal mining, construction, resources and tourism industries.
- Vertically integrated company with manufacturing, installation and operating services all performed internally.
- In 2001 Andrew Maloney became an Executive at The MAC Services Group. During his 10 years at The MAC Services Group, he was instrumental in the company’s growth.
- From FY2003 to FY2010, revenue and profitability grew at CAGRs of 45% and 59%, respectively.
- The MAC went public in April 2007 with a market capitalisation of A$210 million.
- In November 2007, Mark Maloney was appointed COO with the view of transitioning to CEO. He took over as CEO 12 months later and under his leadership the company grew from a private family business to one of the best-performing stocks in the ASX 200.
- Announced takeover by Oil States International on 15 October 2010 valuing company equity at A$651 million
- Established in 1996 as a wholly owned private equity interest of the Tulla Group.
- Acquired by Oil States International in December 2010 for A$3.90 per share
- Equity value A$651 million on fully diluted basis.
- Controlled 52% of the Company prior to sale, valuing stake at A$338 million.
Realised IRR of 59% at IPO, or ~185x return, without taking into consideration the remaining 52% equity ownership.
IRR of 76% over life of investment through to sale in 2010, 3,561x initial investment